Lutopie is tucked away in green countryside on a wooded hill with numerous walking paths that are ideal for one- or two-hour walks. Your host Lut will be very happy to provide you with directions.
You can also walk through the vineyards, corn and lavender fields to one of the neighbouring villages to sit down for a rest and drink a ‘petit blanc’ (white wine) or to read the newspaper.
The Drôme is perfect for cycling. There is a wonderful network of quiet and well-surfaced roads, sometimes interconnected by a short stony road, all perfectly suitable for a very pleasant bicycle ride. The gentle hills are accessible to most, but should you prefer a hybrid bicycle? Bicycles are available.
For the more ambitious there is of course Mont Ventoux, at 40 km from Lutopie. Good luck!
- The Truffle Museum in Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux www.office-tourisme-tricastin.com
- Wine University in Suze la Rousse www.universite-du-vin.com
- Grignan and its historic castle www.ville-grignan.fr
- Circuits ‘Côte du Rhône’ with wine tasting www.provence.guideweb.com
- Vaison-la-Romaine (32 km) www.vaison-la-romaine.com
- Orange (34 km) www.ville-orange.fr
- Avignon (60 km) www.avignon.fr
- Unesco World Heritage Grotte Chauvet (40 km) www.cavernedupontdarc.fr
The Clansayes golf course is situated just 10 km from Lutopie. It’s a technical course with 9 holes, par 35, 2600 m. Open all year.
There is no better way to explore the area than on horseback. The domain 'Le Galop tricastin' is just four km away from Lutopie and offers excursions for experienced riders. Tuition is also available.
Beginners can walk and trot at Chevaux Roustan, near Grignan.
Vallon-Pont-d’Arc is one hour away by car. There you can go kayaking down the famous ‘Gorges de l’Ardèche’.
Local market days:
- Monday in Tulette (16 km) www.tulette-tourisme.com
- Tuesday in Grignan (14 km) www.ville-grignan.fr
- and Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux (8 km) www.office-tourisme-tricastin.com
- Thursday in Nyons (36 km) www.paysdenyons.com
- Friday in Suze la Rousse (8 km) www.mairie-suze-la-rousse.fr
- Saturday in Sainte-Cécile-les-Vignes (19 km) www.sainte-cecile.org/fr
- Saturday (from November 15th): truffle market in Richerenches (8 km) www.richerenches.fr